18.8.11

Not Sure If Want...


Blade Runner to get prequel or sequel.

Really not sure how to feel about this. I've discussed before with my girlfriend that a prequel about the replicants would be pretty cool. I guess it's a positive that the original director, Ridley Scott, will be directing, but I'm still not sure. The effects on the original were AMAZING, it still looks newer than a lot of films coming out today, and this came out in 1981. One thing I hope doesn't crop up is an answer to the "Is Deckard a Replicant?" question. I like a bit of ambiguity in films.

Over on Dubstep Forum, the question "Who should make the soundtrack?" was raised. The original by Vangelis is too sick, you've gotta check it out if you've got an interest in ambient music.

Somebody suggested D-Bridge, and that was a top shout. I've gotta go for my man Burial on this one though, each and every time. I do think someone like Kode 9, Dusk & Blackdown or maybe Old Apparatus could pull something out the bag though.

I guess we can only hope this doesn't become some overblown "blockbuster" sequel, but only time will tell. Either way, it's inspired me to consider writing a piece about Blade Runner, so check that in the coming weeks. I'll probably put together a Blade Runner mix for it too.

Peace.