5.8.11

Night Tracks 010 - Night Grooves 001

Thought it had been quite a while since I put together a mix after Ollie Macfarlane's top notch guest mix so I got on making a mix that I thought highlighted more of the danceable night tracks. Check it out.

First we start off with Birmingham producer Krytikal and his track I Need. This is a sleek track, has a real Roots Of Dubstep feel to it (if you don't know that CD, it's definitely worth checking out), and as such I can't really pin this as garage or dubstep, but what I am sure of is that it's impressively well produced. This is followed by Majic's refix of Brandy - The Boy Is Mine, where he gives the original a funky shuffling twist. Next up we have the absolute stormer by Hackman, Close. I've already wrote about this track, and no matter how many times I hear it, I'm never quite ready for that drop. Following Close, we have a track from Night Tracks favourite Ollie Macfarlane, with his remix of Jacques Greene's Baby (I Don't Know What You Want) where he takes the thumping house of the original and twists it into a more garagey, snipped-up version that can definitely hold its own compared to the original. Next up was the unexpected release that was Burial, Four Tet & Thom Yorke - Ego. Every artists work is evident in this future classic. Following this is Wax with Untitled from No. 10001, with jarring chords gradually coming in over the techy groove. Next in the mix is Jacques Greene's impressive take on acid house, Sorted which moves straight into Satoshi Fumi & Steve Mill with their collaboration Night Purring (Dub Mix) with some lush pads underlining the thudding kicks. Ollie Macfarlane returns with another remix, this time of Burial's Stolen Dog adding his familiar house/trance influences to form it in his own vision. Finally, we have the classic long-runner Phylyps Trak II/II by the minmal techno gods, Basic Channel.

Hope you enjoy it!